Re: Help!

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Help!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Christian Larsen
<larsen7557@hotmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi! I have bought a WS 444 PC Weather Station.
> In order to use the device, a software called WeatherProfessional was
> included in the package.
> That software uses the postgresql service. I also got the PostgreSQL 8.0
> with the package. My problem is that I cannot get it to work properly.
> Firstly, if I'm not mistaken, the 8.0 version does'nt run on Windows XP.
> Therefor I tried to download the 8.3.3 version off of your site. I did not
> have any problems installing that, but then when I tried to run the
> WeatherProfessional, it said I had the wrong username or password. There are
> no such information to find anywhere in the package i bought, it simply said
> that the installation would pretty much install itself, and no such
> information was needed for the install.
> What will I have to do in order to get this working?

Most likely the software came with a pre-setup pgsql database with the
proper name and password already in place and even the data structures
there and ready to go.

You'll likely need to find a version of windows 8.0 can install and
run on long enough to dump the database out and into your 8.3
database.

Or contact the WeatherProfessional authors and ask them for an update.