Re: Ordering not acting right.

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Ordering not acting right.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Blanco, Jose <blancoj@umich.edu> wrote:
> I have a text field which I use to store names ( lastname, firstname )
> and suppose we have the following 3 authors in the field:
>   ta, a
>   ta, z
>   tab, a
>
> I would expect them to show up in the order shown above when I select
> this field and order it by it, but instead I get:
>
>   ta, a
>   tab, a
>   ta, z
>
> Some one has suggested that this may have to do with my locale setting.
> I'm not an administrator so I'm not sure what how to check for the
> locale setting or what to change it to.  Does any one have any
> suggestions?
>
> I'm using postgres 8.1.11.

The best fix if you want ascii ordering is to re-initdb your db with
locale=C and then reload your data.

There's some stuff you can do with varchar_pattern_ops, but I'm not
sure it will work for order by in your situation.

Сообщение: Re: Ordering not acting right.
Сообщение: Re: Ordering not acting right.