Re: How to setup tablespace and table partitioning in a template?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: How to setup tablespace and table partitioning in a template?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
> *       Do not Cc: me, because I READ THIS LIST, if I write here       *
> *    Keine Cc: am mich, ich LESE DIESE LISTE wenn ich hier schreibe    *
>
> Hello,
>
> Our PostgreSQL server is using two SCSI  Raid-1  controllers  (each  two
> channels) and I have 5 sets per channel (each two HDD in Raid-1 with one
> HotFix).  In summary we have currently 15 Sets.
>
> Sometimes we have the need to duplicate servers and I tried to  use  the
> database scheme dump to install a new server...
>
> This dos not work.  ALL databases and tables are  created  on  a  singel
> Raid-1 (the first one) and tablespace is ignored.
>
> Can anyone post an example how to do this, so I can edit my  pgSQL  dump
> sheme to correct this issue?

Well, I would use pg_dump -s to get the schema, then edit it by hand
to have the tablespace options I needed, then save it.  In the future
as you change your hardware setup you can edit the file again to match
that setup.  Then you can save a version of that file for each server,
since the hardware may not be the same.

I tend to start with SQL and move it to the server, not start with the
server then dump the sql.