Re: Backup to Tape Incomplete

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Backup to Tape Incomplete
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Phillip Smith
<phillip.smith@weatherbeeta.com.au> wrote:

>  Do we think this is a Postgres problem, a Linux problem or a problem
>  specific to my hardware setup? Was I wrong to think that I should be able to
>  stream directly from pg_dump to /dev/st0? I would have thought it *should*
>  work, but maybe I was wrong in the first place with that?

If you can dd the file onto your tape drive, then it's some weird
interaction between pg_dump and your system I'd think.  Could the be
some maximum size that you can buffer through pipes / redirects on
your machine?

I'd test to see if cat pgdumpfile.sql > /dev/st0 works or not.  If it
fails at the same approximate size, then it's something to do with
redirection.  If tar works but redirects fail, then the problem isn't
with postgresql.  i.e. do something similar to what you're doing with
pgsql and see which things fail and which ones don't.

Сообщение: Re: Backup to Tape Incomplete
Сообщение: Re: Backup to Tape Incomplete