Re: Error on CLUSTER command

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Error on CLUSTER command
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Feb 8, 2008 1:37 PM, Mark Steben <msteben@autorevenue.com> wrote:
> The doc says to do an initdb and reload the data whenever you run
> pg_resetxlog.  Do you concur with that even if we are only resetting the OID
> counter?

On 7.4 I'd say you'd be better off dumping and reloading all your data
than playing with pg_resetxlog on a live database.  Might as well
update to 7.4.19 while you're at it.

I'd run a dump restore to a test machine running 7.4.19 first to make
sure it will go well, or get another server that can handle the load,
or make a new 7.4.19 instance on the same machine and transfer to
that.  But if it's a production database I wouldn't run pg_resetxlog
on it myself.