Re: backup including symbolic links?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: backup including symbolic links?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Jan 25, 2008 1:55 PM, NUWAN LIYANAGE <alnuwan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I have a 450gb production database, and was trying to create a development
> database using a bkp.
>  I was following the instructions on postgres documentation, and came across
> the paragraph that says...
>  " If you are using tablespaces that do not reside underneath this (data)
> directory, be careful to include them as well (and be sure that your backup
> dump archives symbolic links as links, otherwise the restore will mess up
> your tablespaces)."
>  I have a seperate pg_tablespaces folder under E:\ drive since there wasn't
> enough space in my C:\ drive to put them.
>
>  My db is 8.2 and is running on windows 2003.
>
>  Can anyone tell me how to backup my database (including the symbolic links
> as links).

A standard pg_dumpall --globals will dump the create tablespace
statement, which you can edit as needed for your new machine.  A plain
pg_dump of the database will dump out the tables with tablespace
statements.  A pg_dumpall of the whole database cluster can also be
used to do this.

Сообщение: Re: Recovering a database in danger of transaction wrap-around
Сообщение: Re: Recovering a database in danger of transaction wrap-around