Re: Online Oracle to Postgresql data migration

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Online Oracle to Postgresql data migration
Дата
Re: Online Oracle to Postgresql data migration  ("Dawid Kuroczko" <qnex42@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 11, 2008 12:02 PM, Josh Harrison <joshques@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> We have an Oracle production database with some terbytes of data. We wanted
> to migrate that to Postgresql (rigt now...a test database and not
> production) database.
> What are the good options to do that?
> Please advise me on where to look for more information on this topic

You're going to need to use your brain for a fair portion of this,
because how you use oracle will be just different enough from everyone
else that no boxed solution.

You have two steps to work on.  The first is the DDL, to create
equivalent tables in pgsql as in oracle, the second is to migrate over
your data.

I've generally done the ddl conversion by hand in an editor, and
migrated data over with some scripting language like perl or php.

Сообщение: Re: Search connections created per day
Сообщение: Re: Search connections created per day