Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/19/07, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> On 09/19/07 08:32, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> > On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:59:36 -0500
> >>
> >> Am I so old that (even accepting Tomcat and Java) that seems
> >> "excessive"?
> >
> > Yes, I think that it's a bit excessive but the company can afford it so why not... :)
>
> Lucky SOB.
>
> I can't get my company to spring for a dual-core 2GB system with
> SATA drives.

Hehe.  I wanted a new reporting server so I wound up donating a 4 port
SATA card for expanding an old workstation.  Now I just need to stuff
two more drives into it, bringing it up to a 6 drive sw RAID 10.
Built it in a day.  Meanwhile, the project to build a RAC cluster has
been ongoing for about 2 months.  But it's close!  :)