Re: Version 8.2.5 for Windows doesn't startup normallyafter upgrading from 8.2.4

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Version 8.2.5 for Windows doesn't startup normallyafter upgrading from 8.2.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 09:10:43AM -0500, Walter Roeland wrote:
> Dave,
>
> For the reasons you mention for using pg_ctl -w, it seemed to me the wisest option to recreate the postgres database.
Afterthe normal startup messages, the following error appears once in the log:

> 127.0.0.1 postgres postgres FATAL:  the database system is starting up
>
> I assume that this is due to the -w option. The service is now working normally.

Yeah, this is normal. pg_ctl polls the server before it has finished the
startup sequence, causing this message to be logged.

It is kind of "scary" that it's logged as FATAL, but it's actually not a
problem at all.

//Magnus

От: Richard Broersma Jr
Сообщение: Re: For index bloat: VACUUM ANALYZE vs REINDEX/CLUSTER
От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?