Windows driver sometimes returns connection string with two consecutive semicolons

От Eric Hill
Тема Windows driver sometimes returns connection string with two consecutive semicolons
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Hey,

We cache connection strings in our application so we can know if you already have a connection to a given database.  We ran into this:

Windows, Postgres driver version 9.03.03.

When you use the ODBC administrator (which we invoke programmatically by passing the empty string as the third argument to SQLDriverConnect()) to connect to Postgres, driver 9.03.03, the connection string you get back (5th argument) has an extra semicolon after “C2=dd_”, to wit:

BI=0;C2=dd_;;CX=1c20502bb;

However, if you call SQLDriverConnect() passing in that connection string with the extra semicolon as the third argument, a connection is made, and the connection string you get back in the 5th param does *not* have the extra semicolon:

BI=0;C2=dd_;CX=1c20502bb;

Yes, I can work around this, but why not stop spitting out the extra semicolon in the first case?

Thanks!

Eric