Re: [Compatibilty][PSQL 13][JDBC 9.1-902] Novice tries to know compatibility issues.

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: [Compatibilty][PSQL 13][JDBC 9.1-902] Novice tries to know compatibility issues.
Дата
Re: [Compatibilty][PSQL 13][JDBC 9.1-902] Novice tries to know compatibility issues.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Pierre Brunel schrieb am 06.10.2021 um 11:11:
> I’m new to PostgreSQL upgrades and cannot find my answers to my questions.
>
> I have a JDBC driver in version 9.1-902 and a PostgreSQL in 9.1.9.
> My task is to switch to PostgreSQL 13 but for a more smooth transition stay on JDBC 9.1-902 for some months.
> After sometime i will switch to the new JDBC.
>
> All i ask is to know if i switch to PSQL 13 is it possible to stay on 9.1-902 ? And if not why ?

If you migrate to Postgres 13, you will have to upgrade the JDBC driver as well, as Postgres introduced
a new authentication protocol that the outdated JDBC driver does not understand.

The better strategy would probably be to update the driver now and use the current driver with
your Postgres 9.1 installation if you want to test for possible (although unlikely) compatibility
issues with the driver.