Current state of XML capabilities in PostgreSQL?

От Nathan Widmyer
Тема Current state of XML capabilities in PostgreSQL?
Дата
Re: Current state of XML capabilities in PostgreSQL?  (Scott Bailey <artacus@comcast.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm looking for the current state of XML capabilities in PostgreSQL and I'm coming up with a lot of confusing links and a bit short on documentation.

I first read that there used to be an xml2 contrib module for Postgres that provided a lot of functions to read/write and simultaneously validating XML, and searching and returning columns with XML based upon XPath expressions, etc...  But I read that the capability was going to be moved into the Postgres baseline (this was 8.3-ish?).  Currently, all I've ended up finding is the lone official document page on the XML data type (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/datatype-xml.html), XML functions and operators (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/functions-xml.html), and the XML Support Pg wiki page (http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/XML_Support).

I just plan on storing already-made XML in a column, then be able to search on it using where clauses with XPath expressions (e.g. select tv_show,xpath('/station/times', xml_data) from table_with_xml where xpath('/name', xml_data)='Captain Kangaroo').  I do understand there is an xpath() function to return data, so that's solved for.

I'm looking for the functionality that I mentioned above that allowed more comprehensive XML operations but I'm just not finding any documentation for it, if it exists.

I have 8.4.0 now, but can go to .1 if there have been great strides made since .0 was released.
If anyone can help me out, I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate

Сообщение: Re: I need a Postgres Admin $130K + 20K in NYC Any Ideas?
Сообщение: Re: I need a Postgres Admin $130K + 20K in NYC Any Ideas?