Referential constraints in version 8

От Bob Smith
Тема Referential constraints in version 8
Дата
Re: Referential constraints in version 8  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
We have just finished upgrading Postgres from 7.2 to 8, and I must live
right or something because there was only one glitch.  When the dump
from 7.2 was restored into 8, some foreign key references which should
have been initially deferred had become non-deferrable.  I had to
re-define those references by dropping the corresponding triggers and
using ALTER TABLE to put them back as foreign key constraints, which
seems to have fixed the problem.  However, those references which I
re-defined now show up explicitly in the table descriptions as foreign
key constraints, and the corresponding triggers are not listed.  This
is great since it makes the table descriptions much more intelligible,
but my concern is that all the other references which I didn't
re-define still show as triggers and not as foreign key constraints.
Is this just a cosmetic issue with psql's table description, or is
there actually a functional difference?  Should I re-define all the
other foreign key constraints to be safe?

Thanks!

Bob Smith
Hammett & Edison, Inc.
bsmith@h-e.com