Re: can't get pg_stat_statements to work

От richard@xentu.com
Тема Re: can't get pg_stat_statements to work
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Tom>The most likely bet is that the postmaster is failing to look in the
directory where the pg_stat_statements.so shared library is

The so file is here:
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/lib/pg_stat_statements.so
along with a whole load of other .so files

Nevertheless, I've tried specifying the full path to that file in
postgresql.conf:

shared_preload_libraries =
'/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/lib/pg_stat_statements.so'

but server still won't start.

Tom> What's the exact error message recorded in the postmaster log file?

Is that the file that gets generated in
/var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main/pg_log?

I'm starting the server via the command
# /etc/init.d/postgresql start

At the terminal I get the message:

  * Starting PostgreSQL 8.4 database server
  * The PostgreSQL server failed to start. Please check the log output.

but no file get generated in /var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main/pg_log

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: can't get pg_stat_statements to work
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: can't get pg_stat_statements to work