Re: Question about password character in ECPG's connection string

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Question about password character in ECPG's connection string
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/27/19 6:18 PM, Egashira, Yusuke wrote:
> Hi, Giuseppe,
>
> Thanks to response to my question!
>
>> It seems to me that ECPG documentation does not allow specifying
>> username and/or password in the connection string. The correct syntax
>> should be:
>>
>> EXEC SQL CONNECT TO "unix:postgresql://localhost/connectdb" USER
>> "myuser" IDENTIFIED BY "pass&word"
>
> Yes, I could connect to database with "USER" and "IDENTIFIED BY" phrase in CONNECT statement.
> However, I could also connect to database with password in connection string when my password does not contains '&'
character.

> 1. In database,
>     > CREATE ROLE myuser LOGIN PASSWORD 'password';
> 2. In ECPG application,
>     EXEC SQL CONNECT "tcp:postgresql://localhost?user=myuser&password=password";
>       -> The connection was succeeded.
>
> This behavior confuse me.

My guess it that what is happening is:

1) Given password: my&pwd

2)  "tcp:postgresql://localhost?user=myuser&password=password" looks like

  "tcp:postgresql://localhost?user=myuser&password=my&pwd"

and password is parsed on the & and you also end up with an extra
parameter pwd

Have you tried quoting the password?

--
Adrian Klaver