RE: Question about password character in ECPG's connection string

От Egashira, Yusuke
Тема RE: Question about password character in ECPG's connection string
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, Giuseppe,

Thanks to response to my question!

> It seems to me that ECPG documentation does not allow specifying
> username and/or password in the connection string. The correct syntax
> should be:
>
> EXEC SQL CONNECT TO "unix:postgresql://localhost/connectdb" USER
> "myuser" IDENTIFIED BY "pass&word"

Yes, I could connect to database with "USER" and "IDENTIFIED BY" phrase in CONNECT statement.
However, I could also connect to database with password in connection string when my password does not contains '&'
character.

1. In database,
   > CREATE ROLE myuser LOGIN PASSWORD 'password';
2. In ECPG application,
   EXEC SQL CONNECT "tcp:postgresql://localhost?user=myuser&password=password";
     -> The connection was succeeded.

This behavior confuse me.

If user and password cannot write in connection string, what are parameters allowed in "connection_option" ?
I hope I can get this information from the ECPG documentation.

Regards.

--
Yusuke, Egashira.