Re: monitoring CREATE INDEX [CONCURRENTLY]

От Tatsuro Yamada
Тема Re: monitoring CREATE INDEX [CONCURRENTLY]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019/02/13 4:16, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I added metrics for the validate_index phases; patch attached.  This is
> still a bit raw, but it looks much better now.  Here's a sample
> concurrent index build on a 100M tuple table.  There are no concurrent

Great!

+        s.pid AS pid, S.datid AS datid, D.datname AS datname,
+        S.relid AS relid,
+        CASE s.param2 WHEN 0 THEN 'initializing (phase 1 of 8)'
+                      WHEN 1 THEN 'waiting for lockers 1 (phase 2 of 8)'
+                      WHEN 2 THEN 'building index (3 of 8): ' ||
+                        pg_indexam_progress_phasename(s.param1::oid, s.param3)

It would be better to replace "s" with "S".

s/s.pid/S.pid/
s/s.param2/S.param2/
s/s.param1::oid, s.param3/S.param1::oid, S.param3/

These are not important comments but for readability. :)

Thanks,
Tatsuro Yamada