Re: Autovacuum in the backend

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: Autovacuum in the backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes

> The start/stop routine is quite like Bgwriter.

I just realized that the non-standard backend can't execute any SQL command.
If so, how would the background pg_autovacuum do "vacuum"? It could be
forked more like a standard backend, but this is obviously not a good idea,
since we don't know which database this process will sit on.

A possible solution is that backgroud pg_autovacuum could fork another
process to connect to postmaster as an ordinary backend each time it feels
that a "vacuum" is needed.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Qingqing

Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum in the backend
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum in the backend