Re: Firing triggers based on certain Insert conditions

От Harpreet Dhaliwal
Тема Re: Firing triggers based on certain Insert conditions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I never said I don't want my trigger to do anything.
My subject line only made it pretty clear that I want to fire my trigger based on
certain conditions.
I know its kind of a silly feature request but you really can't help it
when you are working with stupid advisors :)
thanks for your reponse anyways.
Harpreet

"Harpreet Dhaliwal" <harpreet.dhaliwal01@gmail.com > writes:
> I want this trigger to fire only when after Insert this field 'source'
> has value = 'from', otherwise trigger should not be fired at all.
> Just wondering if its really possible?

No, and it seems pretty silly as a feature request.  Why don't you just
put the test in the trigger, and have it do nothing when you don't want
it to do anything?