RAID0 vs RAID1 vs RAID?

От Cris Carampa
Тема RAID0 vs RAID1 vs RAID?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello all.

I have a production postgresql 7.4.5 database on a HP Proliant ML330 G3
server, OS: SUSE SLES8, two SCSI disks in RAID1.

I just cloned the same database (same data) on another server. It's
another HP Proliant ML330 G3 with SUSE SLES8 on but it has the latest
7.4.x release (7.4.8) and the disks are two ATA disks in RAID0.

The same queries run 6 times faster on the second server!

Is it possible that RAID0 is 6 times faster than RAID1? Since RAID0 has
no fault tolerance, what is the RAID configuration that gives maximum
performance and reliability? RAID10?

Thank you. Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (cris119@operamail.com)
"E` evidente che siamo di fronte allo sfruttamento opportunistico