Re: How to get started with contribution

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: How to get started with contribution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/21/22 21:28, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> * vrund v shah (vrund3008@gmail.com) wrote:
>>     I am Vrund V Shah, a computer science undergrad. I have just completed my
>>     3^rd semester at G H Patel College of Engineering & Technology. I am new
>>     to open source contribution but I am well aware of C/C++, SQL and I will
>>     learn Python before the end of the first week of February. I would love to
>>     contribute to your organization but don’t know how!!
>>
>>     Could you please guide me on how and from where to start?
>
> I'd suggest you start with patch reviews if you're interested in working
> on the core PostgreSQL server code.  Information on that is available
> here:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch

Yeah, that's what I recommend people who ask me this question.

However, that wiki page is more about the process than about "what" to
do, so my advice to the OP would be to first go to the current CF [1]
and look for patches that would be genuinely useful for him/her (e.g.
because of work). And do the review by following the wiki page.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company