Re: How to get started with contribution

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: How to get started with contribution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Tomas Vondra (tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> On 1/21/22 21:28, Stephen Frost wrote:
> >* vrund v shah (vrund3008@gmail.com) wrote:
> >>    I am Vrund V Shah, a computer science undergrad. I have just completed my
> >>    3^rd semester at G H Patel College of Engineering & Technology. I am new
> >>    to open source contribution but I am well aware of C/C++, SQL and I will
> >>    learn Python before the end of the first week of February. I would love to
> >>    contribute to your organization but don’t know how!!
> >>
> >>    Could you please guide me on how and from where to start?
> >
> >I'd suggest you start with patch reviews if you're interested in working
> >on the core PostgreSQL server code.  Information on that is available
> >here:
> >
> >https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch
> >

> Yeah, that's what I recommend people who ask me this question.
>
> However, that wiki page is more about the process than about "what" to do,
> so my advice to the OP would be to first go to the current CF [1] and look
> for patches that would be genuinely useful for him/her (e.g. because of
> work). And do the review by following the wiki page.

Yeah.  There's also this:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ

where the first topic is about getting involved in PG development, and
there's:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/So,_you_want_to_be_a_developer%3F

which covers a bit more about mailing lists and such.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения