Re: Installation of Postgres 10.0 and running application with HAwithout postgres user at OS

От Ron
Тема Re: Installation of Postgres 10.0 and running application with HAwithout postgres user at OS
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 2/28/19 11:07 PM, soumitra bhandary wrote:
P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}
Hi ,

I am using RHEL to install Postgres 10 and setting up replication . But in my OS no postgres user exists . Installed it with sudo access . Can I run the postgres DB with all it's utility (like psql, vaccumdb , pg_rewind , initdb etc.) along with Master slave replication, archival process without postgres user.

How are you installing it?  (Packages will automatically create Linux account "postgres".)

If it can be done , do I need to follow any extra step to the os user apart from postgres ?

Is there any way to skip postgres os user ?

Why?

Сообщение: Re: Installation of Postgres 10.0 and running application with HAwithout postgres user at OS
Сообщение: Re: Installation of Postgres 10.0 and running application with HAwithout postgres user at OS