Re: [GENERAL] pg_basebackup issue

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg_basebackup issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/23/2017 04:52 AM, chiru r wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I agree, However we are planning, users not to have any direct
> privileges on database objects or default roles(like
> SUPERUSER,CREATEDB,REPLICATION..etc) in postgres.
>
> looking to create users(LOGIN) only and Grant all the privileges through
> roles like below.
>
> *Steps: *
> Create User
> Create role
> GRANT required privileges/default attributes(SUPERUSER,REPLICATION etc)
>  to Role
> GRANT role to Users.
>
> So,If I follow above process I am not able to do pg_basebackup.
> Now I have only options left either I have to use postgres user or
> create a user directly with replication role(Which we are not interested
> in).
>
> In future is there possibility to allow a user(using above steps)  to do
> pg_basebackup?.

That would be a Postgres developer question/answer. Many of the
developers are on this list and may respond at some point. If you want
to put the question directly to the developers I would suggest either:

1) Posting to --hackers (https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/)

2) Filing a bug report:
https://www.postgresql.org/account/login/?next=/account/submitbug/

--