Re: do I need replication or something else?

От John Burger
Тема Re: do I need replication or something else?
Дата
Re: do I need replication or something else?  (Yudie Pg <yudiepg@gmail.com>)
Re: do I need replication or something else?  (Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql@empires.org>)
Список pgsql-general
>> If it were me, and someone proposed a model where two-way replication
>> was needed, I would tell them to rethink their model.  It's broken.
>
> I would respectfully disagree that the requirement for two-way
> replication
> indicates a broken design.

I agree with your disagreement.  This design is present in lots of
non-RDB systems - CVS, IMAP, PDA syncing,  etc.  It's clearly more
complicated, but can be made to work, and has been many times.  I don't
see anything about databases in general, or Postgres specifically, that
indicates it's a bad idea.

- John D. Burger
   MITRE