Re: do I need replication or something else?

От Caleb Simonyi-Gindele
Тема Re: do I need replication or something else?
Дата
Re: do I need replication or something else?  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Список pgsql-general

John Burger wrote:

>>> If it were me, and someone proposed a model where two-way replication
>>> was needed, I would tell them to rethink their model.  It's broken.
>>

>> I would respectfully disagree that the requirement for two-way
>> replication
>> indicates a broken design.
>

> I agree with your disagreement.  This design is present in lots of
> non-RDB systems - CVS, IMAP, PDA syncing,  etc.  It's clearly more
> complicated, but can be made to work, and has been many times.  I
> don't see anything about databases in general, or Postgres
> specifically, that indicates it's a bad idea.
>
> - John D. Burger
>   MITRE

Yes, we use it successfully with the SQL Server edition of our product.
Does anyone know if this is available with Postgre?
Caleb

Вложения

От: josue
Сообщение: Upgrade data
От: Amir Zicherman
Сообщение: Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed