Re: SSL/TLS instead of SSL in docs

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: SSL/TLS instead of SSL in docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2021-06-30 at 20:20 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I note that popular places such as the Apache and nginx SSL/TLS modules
> just use SSL in their documentation, and they are probably under much
> more scrutiny in this area.

For Apache, that's not strictly true [1, 2]. mod_ssl and its directive
names are probably a lost cause due to inertia, but the page titles
themselves have mostly changed to SSL/TLS.

httpd documentation is also less centrally directed than this project
is, in my experience -- if someone has the motivation to change things,
they'll be changed; otherwise, the status quo rules.

--Jacob

[1] https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/ssl/
[2] https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/ssl/ssl_intro.html