Re: Questions on PostGreSQL Authentication mechanism...

От dipti shah
Тема Re: Questions on PostGreSQL Authentication mechanism...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
That makes sense.

Thanks,
Dipti

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 12:08 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
dipti shah wrote:
I am connected to database as postgres user.
 '\!exec ..' doesn't work if I connect to the database from other host but it does work if I connect to the database from server where I have PostGreSQL installed. pg_read_file doesn't work in any case.
 Techdb=# \! exec cat /etc/postgresql/8.4/main/pg_hba.conf
cat: cannot open /etc/postgresql/8.4/main/pg_hba.conf

thats because psql runs the command on the LOCAL server that the user is running psql on.   would be all kinda security problems if a user could run commands on the remote server without having logged onto it as a regular user.