Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)

От Ryan J. Cavicchioni
Тема Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> * Silvana Di Martino <silvanadimartino@tin.it> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>We just think it is easier and safer to encrypt the whole database, or even
>>the whole disk, than try to understand what the law actually means.
>

> BTW politicians should have to be enforced to tell people what their
> laws really mean. Representants voting for some law they cannot explain
> to plain people should get corporal punishment.
>
> cu

I may be late to the conversation. Sorry if I am but there are some
cryptography tools in the contrib/pgcrypto folder in the source tree.

Hope that helps.

- Ryan

--
Ryan Cavicchioni

GPG ID: C271BCA8
GPG Public Key: http://confabulator.net/gpg/ryan.asc
GPG Fingerprint: 83E4 2495 6194 0F66 ED85 22B4 4CC0 DA01 C271 BCA8