Re: BUG #3774: create table like including index doesn't update pg_constraints with primary key

От NikhilS
Тема Re: BUG #3774: create table like including index doesn't update pg_constraints with primary key
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Bug reference:      3774
Logged by:          guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais
Email address:      ioguix@free.fr
PostgreSQL version: 8.3 beta3
Operating system:   mac os x 10.4.10
pg_constraints with primary key
Details:

When creating a table using the "create table ... (like ... inluding
indexes...)" syntaxe, pg_catalog.pg_constraint is not updated with the PK
constraints which actually is setted in pg_index.

I'm not sure if this issue is actually a bug or if there a logic behind
this, but as the primary key is a constraint, I would expect it to be setted
in pg_constraint, shouldn't it ?

This can be handled by setting index->isconstraint appropriately inside generateClonedIndexStmt().

The fundamental question though is should we allow primary, unique CONSTRAINTS which use the index mechanism just as an implementation to be created using the "INCLUDING INDEXES" mechanism.

As per the discussion here:

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-CREATE-TABLE-LIKE-INCLUDING-INDEXES-support-p10683716.html

maybe we should not?

In other words "INCLUDING INDEXES" should only create those indexes which do not have isconstraint set to TRUE.

Comments?

Regards,
Nikhils
--