Re: memory leak in trigger handling (since PG12)

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: memory leak in trigger handling (since PG12)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 6/23/23 08:03, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Tomas Vondra писал 2023-06-22 17:16:
>> On 6/22/23 13:46, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>>>
>>> I haven't tried the reproducer, but I think I see the issue - we store
>>> the bitmap as part of the event to be executed later, but the bitmap is
>>> in per-tuple context and gets reset. So I guess we need to copy it into
>>> the proper long-lived context (e.g. AfterTriggerEvents).
>>>
>>> I'll get that fixed.
>>>

>> Alexander, can you try if this fixes the issue for you?
>>

>> regard
>
> Hi.
> The patch fixes the problem and looks good to me.

Thanks, I've pushed the fix, including backpatch to 13+ (12 is not
affected by the oversight, the bitmap was added by 71d60e2aa0).

I think it'd be good to investigate if it's possible to compute the
bitmap only once - as already suggested by Andres, but that's a matter
for separate patch, not a bugfix.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra