Re: starting postgres with several Data directories

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: starting postgres with several Data directories
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Scott Mead
<scott.lists@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>
> wrote:

Yeah, I create a different "admin" account for each one, that has the
PGPORT and stuff already set, and setup pg_hba.conf to reject the
admin accounts from other instances so I don't do anything too stupid.

The other useful trick is to change set your psql prompt (via .psqlrc) so that it shows which port the db you're logged into is listening on:

\set PROMPT1 '%/:%>=%# '

This will give you a prompt of:

postgres:5432=#

Take a look at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/app-psql.html for more prompt options.

--Scott

Сообщение: Re: starting postgres with several Data directories
Сообщение: Re: starting postgres with several Data directories