Re: recovery.conf

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: recovery.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 7:57 PM, Scott Mead <scott.lists@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM, dx k9 <bitsandbytes88@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi all -

I'm trying to do a PITR and I've noticed that every time I try it, it ups the number it's looking for by one.

   What's in your recovery.conf?

00000001.history
00000002.history
.
.
00000008.history

For example one of my transaction log files name is
0000000100000218000000C1

Instead of looking for 0000000100000218000000C1, it replaces the first 1, with a 2 or
0000000200000218000000C1, I'm all the way up to 8 now.  How do I tell it to look for 1 or
0000000100000218000000C1 again.

  Every time your database opens, it comes onto a new timeline.  I don't *believe* you can go back to an older timeline once you've opened the database for operation.

 Sorry, I'm wrong:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-TIMELINES

You'll need to modify your recovery.conf slightly, but should be able to move back.

--Scott