Re: Configure fails to find readline libraries

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: Configure fails to find readline libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Jeffrey Trimble <jtrimble@cc.ysu.edu> wrote:
Hi.. thanks.

Here's a printout from my find command:

/usr/local/include/readline
/usr/local/include/readline/readline.h

And the plot thickens. Here is where it errors out and then loops endlessly until it quits:
(There are symbolic links from libreadline.so to libreadline.so.6.0)

configure:6240: $? = 0
configure:6243: test -s conftest
configure:6246: $? = 0
configure:6316: result: none required
configure:6337: checking for -lreadline
configure:6364: gcc -o conftest -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/readline -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -D_GNU_SOURCE  -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/readline -L/usr/local/lib  -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lreadline -lcrypt -ldl -lm  >&5
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `PC'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetflag'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetent'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `UP'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tputs'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgoto'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetnum'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `BC'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetstr'

   What happens if you run

       ldd /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so ?

      It looks like you've got either multiple versions of readline installed and you're linking to the wrong one, or something is really wonky with your readline build.  A quick google is showing that all of those symbols are in ncurses, which means that you should probably have ncurses in your linker cache or linker runtime path.

   By the way, if you don't want readline functionality in psql (or care), just build '--without-readline'

--Scott

Сообщение: Re: Configure fails to find readline libraries
Сообщение: Re: Configure fails to find readline libraries