Re: Best practice - Vacuum. Replication suggestions and pg vs mysql

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: Best practice - Vacuum. Replication suggestions and pg vs mysql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:
> David B <davidb999@gmail.com> writes:
>>15minute lock is a long time.
> There's no lock, unless you are using VACUUM FULL which you shouldn't.

Or, I believe, if he has any GIST indexes (such as tsearch or
postgis ones).  At least it seems normal vacuum locks GIST indexes
for quite some time here.

I ended up stopping using vacuum_cost_delay to minimize the
time those GIST indexes seemed locked.

    Ron

PS: If I'm right, I wonder if VACUUM or at least autovacuum
should automatically force vacuum_cost_delay to zero while
holding locks (i.e. while doing GIST indexes) to reduce the
time those locks are held.