Re: Replica vs standby

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Replica vs standby
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 06.09.23 03:42, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> There are other cases in our docs where we call something a standby and
> mean only a physical standby/replica.  Should these be clarified?

When "hot standby" was added, I argued that it's not really a standby if
it's hot.  The response was that this is sort of a standard industry
term, and we should read "standby" to be equivalent to "replica".  Which
I think is good enough.  Obviously, the term "standby" is baked into
many user-visible interfaces, so it's not clear whether there is a clean
path to improving anything here.