Re: speed up a logical replica setup

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: speed up a logical replica setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18.01.24 10:37, Amit Kapila wrote:
> The other option could be pg_createsubscriber on the lines of
> pg_verifybackup and pg_combinebackup.

Yes, that spelling would be more consistent.

> Yet other options could be
> pg_buildsubscriber, pg_makesubscriber as 'build' or 'make' in the name
> sounds like we are doing some work to create the subscriber which I
> think is the case here.

I see your point here.  pg_createsubscriber is not like createuser in
that it just runs an SQL command.  It does something different than
CREATE SUBSCRIBER.  So a different verb would make that clearer.  Maybe
something from here: https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/convert