Re: Segmentation fault on startup

От Helmut Bender
Тема Re: Segmentation fault on startup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
(again to the list...)

Am 01.02.21 um 21:40 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Helmut Bender <pgsql@helmut-bender.de> writes:
>> I'm running a nextcloud server in a docker container on an RasPi 4 (only
>> SSD, no SD), which uses PostgreSQL 10 as server.
>
> 10.what?  We're already up to 15 patch releases for that branch.

As I use the docker image, it seems to be at 10.15.

>> Today I had to restart the RasPi. Now the container fails to start with
>> a segmentation violation.
>
> Not good --- sounds like you have data corruption.  After an OS crash
> this is something that's quite possible if you haven't taken the time
> to qualify the storage subsystem's honoring of fsync.

Well, it was a regular reboot... don't know what happend.

> If it's a reasonably recent dump, you might end up just having to
> re-initdb and restore the dump.

OK, so there's no way to repair? Well, I make a daily backup, so that is
not the problem.

> As with all else computer-related, there's no substitute for a
> good backup plan :-(

Oh yes.
And when you do, be shure to backup anything you need.
I managed to fiddle the backup into my container (which I updated to
PGSQL 11 btw). BUT - it complained about missing roles.

So don't forget to
pg_dumpall --roles-only
when you pg_dump!

Thank you for your tips, it's running again. :-D

--
Gruß Helmut