Re: pg_waldump: add test for coverage

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pg_waldump: add test for coverage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 29.06.23 21:16, Tristen Raab wrote:
> I've reviewed your latest v3 patches on Ubuntu 23.04. Both patches apply correctly and all the tests run and pass as
theyshould. Execution time was normal for me, I didn't notice any significant latency when compared to other tests. The
onlyother feedback I can provide would be to add test coverage to some of the other options that aren't currently
covered(ie. --bkp-details, --end, --follow, --path, etc.) for completeness. Other than that, this looks like a great
patch.

Committed.

I added a test for the --quiet option.  --end and --path are covered.

The only options not covered now are

   -b, --bkp-details      output detailed information about backup blocks
   -f, --follow           keep retrying after reaching end of WAL
   -t, --timeline=TLI     timeline from which to read WAL records
   -x, --xid=XID          only show records with transaction ID XID

--follow is a bit tricky to test because you need to leave pg_waldump
running in the background for a while, or something like that.
--timeline and --xid can be tested but would need some work on the
underlying test data (such as creating more than one timeline).  I don't
know much about --bkp-details, so I don't have a good idea how to test
it.  So I'll leave those as projects for the future.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: pg_decode_message vs skip_empty_xacts and xact_wrote_changes
От: Himanshu Upadhyaya
Сообщение: CHECK Constraint Deferrable