Re: Query running for 12 hours

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Query running for 12 hours
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/30/2018 07:19 AM, Yavuz Selim Sertoğlu wrote:

> <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>:
>
>     On 05/30/2018 06:54 AM, Yavuz Selim Sertoğlu wrote:
>
>         I am just a regular dba so I dont know what's sent from
>         application exactly but I assume now()-1 week.
>         In the log file, there are two more same queries. And their
>         value is *2018-05-23 02:00:00*
>
>     And these queries are not showing up in pg_stat_activity as still
>     active?
>
> *>> I think these were completed so they are not in pg_stat_activity.*

Remaining suggestions/questions:

1) If it still exists look in Postgres log around  2018-05-30 02:00:00,
the time the problematic queries started, to see if there are any
entries of note.

2) You are on Postgres 9.5.3 and the most recent release 9.5.13. There
have been a lot of bug fixes in the interim and it would be a good idea
to upgrade. It is minor release upgrade but I would go through the
release notes first:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/release.html

as there some thing that might require your action.

3) I suggest 2) because a quick scan of the release notes found this:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/release-9-5-11.html

"

Cope with failure to start a parallel worker process (Amit Kapila,
Robert Haas)

Parallel query previously tended to hang indefinitely if a worker could
not be started, as the result of fork() failure or other low-probability
problems.
"

Is it possible that parallel query:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/when-can-parallel-query-be-used.html

is in use?

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Query running for 12 hours
Сообщение: Re: Query running for 12 hours