Re: Query running for 12 hours

От Yavuz Selim Sertoğlu
Тема Re: Query running for 12 hours
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Major upgrade would be very painful because there are many application running on different servers but same database server.
Their tests would take too much time.
So I will try to go with minor upgrade.

Thanks for your help, have a good day.

Remaining suggestions/questions:

1) If it still exists look in Postgres log around  2018-05-30 02:00:00, the time the problematic queries started, to see if there are any entries of note.

2) You are on Postgres 9.5.3 and the most recent release 9.5.13. There have been a lot of bug fixes in the interim and it would be a good idea to upgrade. It is minor release upgrade but I would go through the release notes first:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/release.html

as there some thing that might require your action.

3) I suggest 2) because a quick scan of the release notes found this:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/release-9-5-11.html

"

Cope with failure to start a parallel worker process (Amit Kapila, Robert Haas)

Parallel query previously tended to hang indefinitely if a worker could not be started, as the result of fork() failure or other low-probability problems.
"

Is it possible that parallel query:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/when-can-parallel-query-be-used.html

is in use?

    --     Adrian Klaver
    adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Query running for 12 hours
Сообщение: Re: Query running for 12 hours