Re: Select max(primary_key) taking a long time

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: Select max(primary_key) taking a long time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Merlin Moncure writes:

> do a big delete recently?  any other open transactions?

Some inserts were taking place. Roughly 2 to 5 million rows inside
transactions. We were doing some ETL and each batch represented a file we
were loading. We need to have the entire file or roll back so each file is
done within a transaction.

> the remedy for the former is to simply eat it (one time penalty) or
> rebuild the table.  for the latter you simply have to resolve the
> other transaction.

I think it is related to the inserts... after they were done everything was
back to normal.

> how big is your table according to pg_relation_size()?

\dt+ is easier. :-)
116GB