Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access
Дата
Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access  (Karl Wright <kwright@metacarta.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Alvaro Herrera writes:

> How large is the database?  I must admit I have never seen a database
> that took 4 days to vacuum.  This could mean that your database is
> humongous, or that the vacuum strategy is wrong for some reason.

Specially with 16GB of RAM.

I have a setup with several databases (the largest of which is 1TB database)
and I do a nightly vacuum analyze for ALL databases. It takes about 22
hours. And this is with constant updates to the large 1TB database. This is
with Postgresql 8.1.3

Сообщение: Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access
Сообщение: Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access