Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Francisco Reyes wrote:

> I have a setup with several databases (the largest of which is 1TB
> database) and I do a nightly vacuum analyze for ALL databases. It takes
> about 22 hours. And this is with constant updates to the large 1TB
> database. This is with Postgresql 8.1.3

22h nightly? Wow, you have long nights ;-).

On a serious note, the index vacuum improvements in 8.2 might help you
to cut that down. You seem to be happy with your setup, but I thought
I'd mention it..

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies