Re: error when upgrading 9.4 to 9.5 manually

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: error when upgrading 9.4 to 9.5 manually
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Which is the opposite of what you said here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAK1hC9t6h9CENXQ6FHchx1Ny1AAAuYf2ARTpeospz1Jd7q_qLg%40mail.gmail.com

> How can I start postgres with socket location in /db/pgsql ? There is
> no option in pg_ctl to indicate socket directory.?
>
> Thank you for help

At this point I think your best option is to start over, if that is
possible. By this I mean:

1) See if it is possible to get a Fedora 24 package from Fedora for
Postgres 9.4.

2) If it is make sure you have the existing 9.4 cluster saved somewhere
out of the way.

3) Uninstall Postgres 9.5

4) Install Postgres 9.4 and copy the cluster you saved 2) into the data
directory.

5) Decide whether you want to stay with 9.4 or move up to 9.5.

6) If you do decide to move up take a pg_dump of the 9.4 data before you
do anything.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com