Re: Link error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _pg_detoast_datum

От Taras Kopets
Тема Re: Link error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _pg_detoast_datum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Ale Raza wrote:
>> Ok, it means I can not use MS VC complier/linker, only choice is Mingw or Cygwin.

I think you can use MS VC, you can try to find some info from here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/xfunc-c.html
Read user comments at the bottom.

Ale Raza wrote:
>> Wondering if you know which process (Postmaster.exe or Postgres.exe)
>> I have to attach in order to debug this type of functions.
>> I have more complex functions where I need debugger.

In documentation it is said:
"The first time a user-defined function in a particular loadable object file is called in a session, the dynamic loader loads that object file into memory so that the function can be called", so I think you should try to attach to postgres.exe (I'm not sure).

Have a nice day,
Taras Kopets