Link error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _pg_detoast_datum

От Ale Raza
Тема Link error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _pg_detoast_datum
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I want to add a user defined function using “Version-1 Calling Conventions” but getting a link error.

I am using MS Visual C++ .NET (V 7.1.3) on Win XP SP 2. PostgreSQL 8.1.3.

Am I missing some lib or some other file?

I saw earlier thread “building and linking C user defined functions” and set the complier setting to /FORCE. It create the dll but the following SQL crash psql

Select filesize('my file');

Here is the simplified version of my problem.

ERROR:

------ Rebuild All started: Project: copytext, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'copytext', configuration 'Debug|Win32'.

Compiling...

copytext.c

Linking...

   Creating library Debug/copytext.lib and object Debug/copytext.exp

copytext.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _MemoryContextAlloc referenced in function _copytext

copytext.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CurrentMemoryContext

copytext.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _pg_detoast_datum referenced in function _copytext

Debug/copytext.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

Build log was saved at "file://..\copytext\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

copytext - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)

File copytext.c:

#include "postgres.h"

#include <string.h>

#include "fmgr.h"

PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1(copytext);

Datum

copytext(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)

{

text *t = PG_GETARG_TEXT_P(0);

/*

………

PG_RETURN_TEXT_P(new_t);

}

I can do this on Linux but looks like windows have some issues.

Thanks.

Ale Raza.