Re: Temp file space (Re: creating an index with tablespace on a dedicated filesystem)

От Vlad
Тема Re: Temp file space (Re: creating an index with tablespace on a dedicated filesystem)
Дата
Re: Temp file space (Re: creating an index with tablespace on a dedicated filesystem)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom,

which means that earlier suggestion you've made - to host temp dir on
a separate hd linked to temp dir under data tree it's not quite a
straight solution .... I assume that link will be erased by postgres
every time it finishes operating with temp directory.

> Yup, they're only temp files (in fact, I think there is code somewhere
> that actually runs around and cleans out the temp directories during a
> restart).

-- vlad

Сообщение: Re: could not write to log -> PANIC -> System down
Сообщение: Re: could not write to log -> PANIC -> System down