Re: Temp file space (Re: creating an index with tablespace on a dedicated filesystem)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Temp file space (Re: creating an index with tablespace on a dedicated filesystem)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vlad <marchenko@gmail.com> writes:
> which means that earlier suggestion you've made - to host temp dir on
> a separate hd linked to temp dir under data tree it's not quite a
> straight solution .... I assume that link will be erased by postgres
> every time it finishes operating with temp directory.

No, it just deletes the contents of the directory, it has no occasion to
destroy a symlink.

It is true that you'd have to set the symlink up manually any time you
created a database, but after that it should be a non-issue.