Re: Creating a function for exposing memory usage of backend process

От torikoshia
Тема Re: Creating a function for exposing memory usage of backend process
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 7:33 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com>
wrote:

Thanks for your review!

> I like more specific name like pg_backend_memory_contexts.

Agreed.

When I was trying to add this function as statistics function,
I thought that naming pg_stat_getbackend_memory_context()
might make people regarded it as a "per-backend statistics
function", whose parameter is backend ID number.
So I removed "backend", but now there is no necessity to do
so.

> But I'd like to hear more opinions about the name from others.

I changed the name to pg_backend_memory_contexts for the time
being.

>> - function name: pg_get_memory_contexts()
>> - source file: mainly src/backend/utils/mmgr/mcxt.c

>> +       Identification information of the memory context. This field
>> is truncated if the identification field is longer than 1024
>> characters
>
> "characters" should be "bytes"?

Fixed, but I used "characters" while referring to the
descriptions on the manual of pg_stat_activity.query
below.

| By default the query text is truncated at 1024 characters;

It has nothing to do with this thread, but considering
multibyte characters, it also may be better to change it
to "bytes".

Regarding the other comments, I revised the patch as you pointed.

Regards,

--
Atsushi Torikoshi
NTT DATA CORPORATION